Booking Information & Terms
What is included in the price?
All bedding linen and towels. A travel cot is available on request, but you will need to bring linen for it.
All electricity (heating and lighting). The property contains two wood burning stoves and two baskets of logs will be provided.
For bookings more than 6 weeks ahead
A £100 deposit is required per week or per short break at the time of booking. We are happy to receive payment by cheque, Paypal transaction or electronic bank transfer. Payment of the balance is due 6 weeks before the start of your holiday. If the balance is not paid 6 weeks before booking, it will be assumed that the booking is no longer required. The deposit will not be refunded.
Receipt of all payments will be acknowledged by email (or by written correspondence if no email address is available).
For bookings less than 6 weeks ahead
Full payment is due at the time of booking.
Arrival and Departure
Tomidhu is available from 2pm. Please vacate by 10am on the day of departure. Please ensure all windows and doors are secured on departure.
Pets are welcome by prior arrangement at an additional cost of £25 per pet per stay.
We ask that pets are kept off all furniture and that they remain downstairs.
Tomidhu is a non-
Terms (available for download here)
1. Payment of a deposit constitutes a binding contract and the holiday maker is liable for the full rental charge.
2. In the event of a cancellation occurring, six weeks before arrival, we will attempt
3. The holiday maker is responsible for taking care of the holiday accommodation and its equipment during the period of the stay. All utensils and equipment should be left in a clean condition. We would appreciate it if the accommodation was left in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found.
We would appreciate it if the holiday maker would inform us about any damages occurred during their occupancy. We may have to ask you to pay for some damages, fair wear and tear excepted. In certain circumstances we may request a good housekeeping bond of £100 which will be refunded within two weeks of the end of your holiday provided no damage has been incurred. We will advise you by email of letter if this bond applies to your group.
4. The number of persons using the holiday accommodation should not exceed the maximum
stated in the individual cottage details (except for babies in cots). Cots are deemed
suitable for infants up to twenty-
5. The property owners or a representative nominated by the owners shall be allowed access at any reasonable time during the holiday occupancy.
6. Cancellation by owners due to Tomidhu becoming unavailable e.g. storm or snow damage. We do not expect to make any changes to your booking but in the event of an unexpected cancellation such as those detailed above, you will be offered a full refund of all monies paid to us or acceptance of an alternative date. In some circumstances there may be additional monies to pay by the holiday maker if the alternative week is significantly more expensive or alternatively, a cheaper week selected could result in a refund of the difference.
7. Tomidhu has a strict no smoking policy. We expect all holiday makers to observe
this policy. You authorise us to charge you any costs we incur if you smoke or cause
damage to our property including costs for specialist cleaning (to make the accommodation
fit for sale as a non-
8. Complaints – if you are not entirely satisfied with the cottage, please do not hesitate to contact either Gary McGilton on ph. 07814233316 or Tina McGilton on ph. 07870870652 and every effort will be made to make right any problem.